Wednesday, July 7, 2010

It's going to be 98*F in Atlanta tomorrow

I'm in for a big change, and I know it. The weather has been uncontrollably hot in Boston this week. Even in our small apartment, the AC and 2 fans are barely getting the job done. But before I can even start to complain about the heat, I have to stop and remind myself that hello- you are moving to Atlanta and you better get use to what you think is the heat, because it's only going to get hotter!! Maybe this weather was intended to break me in before my first trip to Atlanta this weekend. Thank you, Mother Nature, for the preview.

Rob was showing me the different apartment complexes online that we are going to look at this weekend, and I have to say it got me pretty excited! The whole idea of apartment complexes, newer, modern buildings, with free parking, some with pools and exercise equipment. None of those things sound at all like Boston, unless you are a BU student living in the Student Village, in which case you do not fully appreciate your living quarters until you move out and pay rent in Allston. And I wouldn't want Boston to be those things anyway. I wouldn't have had the same wonderful post-college experience that I have had. But now I'm ready for a style of living change. More space for less money? Yes, I'm ready for that! Stay tuned for updates...this time next week we should have an apartment!

1 comment:

  1. Girl, it is great! I cannot tell you how nice it is when you're whole two-bedroom in the south is as much as the 1 room you paid for in a 3-bedroom in Allston.

    ReplyDelete