Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Going to the Chapel and we're, gonna get married...

I have to say I love that I can sing that song and it makes complete sense, because we ARE getting married at a Chapel... IN 10 DAYS!!

Even though it feels as if there are so many things left to do before the big day, we have crossed many things off of our list this past week and it feels so good.

For starters, Rob saved the day in the programs department. Designing, typing up, printing out, buying, doing anything with wedding programs at this point just felt like an impossible task, so I was ready to say forget the programs. Well, my wonderful soon-to-be hubby thought that was ridiculous, and took care of the programs himself. And I trust him so much that I didn't even request to see the hard copy proof before submitting it for printing.

Another item on the list I did not want to be responsible for? The name cards. Luckily my Mom stepped up to the plate and volunteered to help with that one. She is also getting us our unity candle this week, which completely slipped my mind.

The seating chart is done and table numbers have been assigned! Though it started out as a headache, it really came out just fine. I have also figured out what I'm doing for table numbers and have #1-9 completed.

My final dress fitting was today, and...it fits! I know I should not have been as concerned about the dress fitting as I was for the past 9 months, but I couldn't help it. The woman at the dress shop telling me that "in this dress, even 5 pounds will make a difference" kept replaying in my head. Luckily I have not gained any weight since last October, and it fits like a glove. Sadly, they would not let me take the dress home with me today because it still needs to be steamed, but that just means my Mom and sister will be here with me to drive back to Danvers to pick it up next week.

Nail appointments? Check
Final meeting with florist? Check
Dress for rehearsal dinner? Check
Formal photos check list for photographer? Check
Purchase new luggage and bathing suit for Hawaii? Check!!

The wedding of the summer is right around the corner folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment