Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Brides should not have access to futurecast

Last Thursday I began stalking the weather forecast for my wedding day. That was the first day the 31st was included in the ultimate tease of a forecast that is the 10-day. I was absolutely thrilled when I saw a high of 84 and sunny...and then I logged on to Weather.com again the next day and nearly screamed when it said thunderstorms and 60% chance of precipitation!

At that point Rob told me to stop checking the weather reports until a day or two before the wedding, or it was going to be a long week. But of course I didn't stop, I logged on to AccuWeather.com to see what they had to say. 74 degrees and cloudy...what!? It was then that I thought of changing the Boston zip code I had selected and trying another one...but I'm not that crazy, so I stopped and went to bed.

In between then and now, I don't know how many times I have gone to Weather.com, typed in 02215+enter, thought wishful good thoughts, and scrolled down to Saturday July 31st on the extended forecast. But today I am happy to report to you, that as of right now, the forecast is partly cloudy, high of 79 degrees, with 10% chance of precipitation! Fingers crossed it stays that way.

3 comments: