Thursday, July 15, 2010

I wonder how long it will take me to stop writing Atlanta, MA?

Our visit, my introduction, to Atlanta this past weekend was a success. Rob and I navigated our way on MARTA (aka the T, but not as nice) together and separately with no problem. We were briefly introduced to the hot Atlanta weather, though the recent rain made it not as bad as it could have been. We drove through Georgia State so Rob could at least get an idea of where he will be attending grad school next month.

We found Granite's sales office which Rob will be working out of once in Atlanta, and discovered there is a Chik-fil-a right around the corner! Rob says he will continue to bring his own lunch to work, though I know that Chick-fil-a will be tempting him for at least the first year. After we spotted that Chick-fil-a we drove about 10 minutes to see his brother Tom's current/almost finished building he has been working on, and then ate at a different Chick-fil-a. Rob was happy.

We saw Piedmont Park and ate at the Tavern with Tom and Linnea, and discovered their '$1beers when it rains' deal. We got a tour of Georgia Tech, Tom and Linnea's alma mater. We got to visit with Rob's mom and John and their dog Bailey. We ate dinner at Ted's Montana Grill where I had bison short ribs, and I got to meet Mrs. Copp for the first time (Rob's best friend's Mom).

And last but certainly not least, we found ourselves an apartment!! We looked at 4 different apartment complexes on Saturday and while all were nice, we think we decided on the one that was the best location/deal for us. It has 2 bedrooms, a washer/dryer in the unit (!), a separate eating area off of the kitchen, a good sized living room, a pantry in the kitchen, a balcony, off street gated parking, a salt water pool, work out equipment, a common grill area, and we are pretty excited about all of those things as we do not have any of them right now! Did I mention we will be 5 minutes down the road from Tom, and that our rent will be a little more than 1/2 of what we pay now in Boston? Because those are pretty great too.


I will leave our Atlanta trip re-cap at that, because should I go on to tell you anything that happened on Monday, I would most likely go into a I hate Delta Airlines rant because they changed the time of my flight 8 times before ultimately cancelling it at 11:30PM and luckily I had Tom and Linnea to come rescue me from the airport at midnight, because I would not be returning to Boston until 9:30PM the next day ahh! In case you were wondering, Delta has already received one of my infamous angry/disgusted/I expected more from your company letters. The least they can do is give me some bonus airline miles.

PS...I'm getting married in 15 days

1 comment:

  1. Such a fun weekend! I am glad you guys found a place! I guess Delta just wanted you to soak in a few extra hours in your new city. haha

    ReplyDelete