Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Do you know what today is x 4

Today is the 4th straight day of wedding mile markers. This past Saturday was the one year mark since the DMB concert that Rob proposed after. Sunday the 30th marked one year since we technically got engaged, since he proposed well after mid-night. Yesterday was exactly 2 months until our wedding day. And as of today, I can officially say I am getting married next month.

Next month! I still remember very clearly being asked when the wedding was and for the longest time saying 'Oh not until next summer,' as if I had all the time in the world until the big day so don't ask too many questions about the details because hello- it's not until next summer. Then I started saying it's this summer, and now it's next month. Holy cow.

Someone recently asked me if I was nervous, the first of many times I will get that question I'm sure. I confidently said no, and he told me just wait until the week of the wedding and he'll ask me again and we'll see what I say then! I guess part of me is nervous, but just not in the way I typically associate being nervous with getting married. I'm not nervous about actually tying the knot, I'm not nervous about who I am committing myself to, when we've decided to get married or actually being married. If I'm nervous about anything it is the possibility of tripping down the aisle, or hoping nervously that everything falls into place for the big day and that everyone really enjoys themselves.

So, I've got 2 months to help make sure things do fall into place, and tripping down the aisle? Well, I guess there's not much I can do about that except walk slowly and hope my Dad catches me before I hit the ground.

1 comment:

  1. Tripping down the aisle or spilling BBQ on my white dress were my nerves. Funny thing is, you'll worry about tripping but as soon as you start down the aisle, you'll basically be done. I don't even remember the walk!

    ReplyDelete