Sunday, June 20, 2010

Atlanta, here we come!


So, it's official. Rob and I have decided to make the move to Atlanta. Well, it's as official as it can be without actually having an apartment to move to yet, or in my case- a job, but we're working on it. Add all of these big changes on top of the fast approaching wedding, and man do we have a lot on our plate, but we're up to the challenge.

As exciting and CRAZY as the next few months are going to be, I have to remind myself that I really shouldn't be in disbelief that we are actually moving. A year ago, after Rob and I signed our new apartment lease, we came up with a master plan that included moving to the south and Rob going back to school. We were both serious about the plan we came up with over the phone, but also realized it would take a lot of things to fall into place for it to happen, and that the main reason we came up with the master plan was because we were in sticker-shock over the rent we would be paying for our new apartment!

What makes this move all the more exciting for me, is that I have never even been to Atlanta before (besides the airport for layovers). I know it gets wicked hot there, traffic is a mess, and they have good shopping. I'll get to see it for myself next month when we go down for a weekend to find an apartment. Oh, and I also know rent prices are much more affordable than in Boston woohoo!

1 comment:

  1. Yah! So excited for you guys. I've never been to Atlanta either, so I can't wait to visit once you're settled in :)

    ReplyDelete