Friday, November 5, 2010

Goodbye Roxanne, Hello NYC

First, I'm happy to say Roxanne is doing great. She is back to her old self, and hasn't had any more vomiting episodes. She is on soft canned food for a couple more days, along with a medication for upset stomach. Rob managed to avoid feeding her yesterday and today, and lucky for him we'll be away this weekend so there are no more chances of him encountering the "absolutely disgusting" canned stuff. Darn.

This afternoon I'm dropping Roxanne off at Grandma and Grandpa Pekarek's house. We have told her many times to please behave, or they will never watch you again and you'll be in the kennel. They have an 85 lb labradoodle, Bailey, who I'm sure she will have fun chasing around, even though she can't keep up with him. I'm not sure how thrilled he will be to share his house with her though! On Sunday my parents are going to pick up Roxanne from the Pekarek's house, and take her back to our apartment to watch her for the day. So basically it's a weekend with the grandparents for Roxanne.

And Rob and I are off to NYC! Rob and I have been to NYC many times, but never together. I can't tell you how many times I tried to talk him into taking the sketchy Fung Wah bus with me from Boston to NYC, but it never happened, which was probably for the best. It will be a short trip, but a great weekend of marathon excitement and seeing family (Rob's Dad and Kimberly) and friends who live in the city. I am so proud of Rob for taking on another marathon, especially one of the top marathon races in the country. It will be challenging, given the complications he has had with his foot over the past month or so, but I just hope he can enjoy the race and feel satisfied he gave it all he had at the end of the day. Good luck babe!!

No comments:

Post a Comment