Friday, January 28, 2011

Poop and barf

Rob called me on his way home from class the other night, and after about a minute this is what came up...

Rob: How's Roxanne doing? Any poop updates?
Me: She's good...ummm-
Rob: Wow haha, this is what our conversations have come to, when or if our dog pooped and what it looked like.
Me: Haha I know seriously...yeah she did this afternoon, it was small but pretty normal looking.
Rob: That's good.

In all fairness, Roxanne had been having digestive problems on and off for a couple of weeks. This included a couple nights of her getting up and sitting by our bedroom door every 2 hours to go outside. It's a good thing I have supersonic hearing at night and heard our 24 lb. pup walk across our carpeted bedroom floor and sit patiently by the door, or there would have been quite a mess to clean up in the morning. Rob, on the other hand, did not even feel me get out of bed, hear me say 'oh my gosh, again?!' or the multiple doors I had to open and shut to let her out and come back in. After a day of witholding dinner and treats and a few days of a bland diet of chicken and white rice, she is now back to her normal self and doing fine.

If I were to have told Rob a year ago that we would be having dog poop discussions on a daily basis, he would have closed his eyes, shook his head and said, "no." If I were to have told him that one day I was going to clean up dog barf and save it in a plastic bag for him to look at once he got home just so I could get a second opinion on what I think caused her to throw up, he would have said, "absoluetly not." Haha, but here we are! Oh Roxanne, we love you.

1 comment:

  1. OMG. First - yes, we've had lots of dog poop conversations. Now at least in my experience, once we moved into the house and she had a yard, they decreased. Before it was a lot of "did she poop last time you took her out? No, OK I'll walk her til she poops." The whole backyard thing fixes that (unless of course she's sick). And as for barf...I have yet to save any barf. I have to say Jess, I hope I never do.

    ReplyDelete