Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Breaking tradition

Alright Girl Scouts of Atlanta, you are cramping my style. Since Rob and I started dating years and years ago, it has turned into somewhat of a tradition of mine that I get him girl scout cookies for Valentine's Day. We're not talking 1 or 2 boxes either...we're talking 3 boxes of thin mints, 3 boxes of tagalongs (actually, for the past 2 years I might have cut back to 4 boxes, since February is prime marathon training season). While at BU I could usually count on stumbling across the cookie booth at the GSU in January or early February. Once I graduated, I actually used the Cookie Locator tool on the Girl Scout website to track down at what bank or grocery store the girls would be setting up cookie booths in Newton or Brighton.

Well, tonight when I went to the Atlanta Girl Scout cookie page it says cookie booths begin on February 18th...4 days after Valentine's Day!! I've come up with what is probably a much better gift for Rob that I am excited about, and eating that box of thin mints that his Grandma Porter gave him last month satisfied the cookie craving to an extent...but still! I don't like having to break the tradition, Atlanta.

1 comment:

  1. Oooo that is rough. Maybe you can start a new married people Valentine's Day tradition.

    ReplyDelete