Friday, January 21, 2011

Girls weekend in Atlanta!

Big shout out and hugs to Jo and Rae for making the trip down to Atlanta to visit last weekend! It was such a fun, refreshing few days getting to catch up, relax and do fun girl things together.

As most know, Rae is getting married October 1st, and Jo and I are in the wedding party. So while the 3 of us were together in the same city we took the opportunity to go bridesmaid dress shopping together. There was a dress Rae particularly liked that she wanted us to see, so I found it at a local shop and made an appointment for us. It wasn't until I looked up the bridal shop online that I realized it was the same shop where Atlanta's version of TLC's Say Yes to the Dress is filmed! We had a fun time trying on a variety of good and bad dresses, and overall it was a successful trip because I think the final bridesmaid dress selection has been made.

I took the girls to my favorite local brewery restaurant and we tried alligator egg rolls, which we all agreed we pretty good and the meat tasted similar to chicken but chewy/tougher. We went to the World of CocaCola downtown and filled up on way too many varieties of soda, enjoyed Mexican and margaritas at one of the many, many Mexican restaurants on Roswell Rd, and then made margaritas at home with our Margaritaville machine. We watched lots of football (Go Steelers!!) and made football party food, went shopping and checked out what Rae tells me is one of the best TJ Maxx stores in the country, and watched more HGTV than we could have imagined. Love you girls and miss you already.

2 comments:

  1. Awww, it was so much fun, thank you for having us. I can't wait to come back :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go Jets!!! I need to catch up on my HGTV this weekend, although I know it won't be the same.

    ReplyDelete