Wednesday, September 22, 2010

BAM!



Last night I attempted Chicken Marsala for the first time, and it was a delicious success if I don't say so myself! Weeks ago Rob suggested I make it for dinner while his family was visiting, but I decided against trying something I knew nothing about making for guests. Rob did the grocery shopping on Sunday and came home with organic chicken breasts and muchrooms (his favorite ingredient that I frequently add to recipes that otherwise don't include mushrooms just for him). I took it as a hint to make chicken marsala, though he said that didn't even cross his mind when he bought the stuff.

It must have been a really long time since I ate this dish, because I forgot how much flavor it has to it! I never order it when we go out, thinking it's too plain, but next time I might just have to try it. I used Emeril's recipe, and while I normally wouldn't use that much oil and butter in one meal, it was worth it this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment