Saturday, December 4, 2010

Rob's rebuttal

After being told my last blog entry wasn't very nice towards my new hubby, I decided to keep things fair. While Rob is not about to write a blog entry about his pet peeves or things I do that get on his nerves, I can take a guess at what those things might be.

I would say my driving skills might be his number one pet peeve, but then again I have issues with his driving as well. So while he would probably get a higher score on a drivers ed/road test than I would, I still refuse to tell you I am a horrible driver, and I think he would agree with that statement.

Rob most likely noticed his number one pet peeve with me once we moved in together, or he noticed it before then but it didn't affect him and his living space so he didn't say anything about it. What I didn't realize I have a problem with, until he told me, is that I never close things. The pantry door, closet door, and especially my dresser drawers, are always left partially to completely open. I guess I do this because I am lazy and it is easier to leave things open and easily accessible for the next time. But he is right in that leaving my drawers open just makes the bedroom look unnecessarily messy, so I should work on that.

What else...he doesn't like the scraping sound I sometimes make with my fork in my salad bowl, "the tuck" I do every night before bed with the sheets and comforter instead of just pulling them straight up, how I use a kleenex multiple times before throwing it out and getting a new one, when I leave the shower curtain bunched up after showering, the slightly disturbing murder mystery 48 hour specials I insist on watching, or my obsession with using dryer balls when doing laundry even though they significantly increase the noise level of the dryer. I'm sure there are more, but what couple doesn't have a list of pet peeves or complain about their partner's quirks now and then? I hope I'm still complaining about the way Rob eats his ice cream 50 years from now.

1 comment:

  1. Ross leaves things open too! Drives me crazy. It drives him crazy that I complain about his clothes being on the floor...and then do the same thing with mine. You're right, pet peeves all around.

    ReplyDelete