Monday, August 23, 2010

First day of school

All day today I have felt like a nervous/excited mom who just sent her kid off to their first day of school. No I don't have a kid, I don't even have a dog (a subject that has come up a lot recently, but that is for another post at another time), but today was Rob's first day of grad classes at Georgia State!

I am so proud of him for taking on this new chapter and challenge. Moving to a new city was just the beginning. Besides getting use to a new office setting, he will be working full time and taking classes Monday nights. This semester it is statistics and economics- sadly I don't think I will be much help with either of those subjects. Instead, I'll just have to find other ways to support him through what I'm sure will be a somewhat stressful first semester of business school. So tonight I unpacked more of his boxes, and did some of his laundry.

Now I'm anxiously awaiting his return home from class. I thought he would have been home by now, so I'm feeling even more like the nervous mom wondering how the big first day went and why the school bus is running so late. Oooh and I hear him coming in the door now!

1 comment:

  1. HAHA it was like me on Ross' first day at the fire department, which coincidentally also had a very late running school bus...

    ReplyDelete