Sunday, April 4, 2010

Fulfilled by me

If there's one thing I love it's a good deal. It's sometimes difficult for me to pass up a sale, especially if the thing that is on sale is something I think I really need. This made picking out things for our wedding registry slightly more difficult for myself, as Macy's was having a huge home sale at the time. I felt I could justify buying some of the things we registered for right then and there at the store, because it was such a good deal...but Rob restrained me.

Fast forward a couple of months, and here I am today anxiously awaiting my Macy's package to arrive in the mail. Lets just say I was really getting sick and tired of my current paper thin, next to nothing of a pillow, and the pillows we picked out were on sale for over half off, not to mention I had a $20 off coupon! When I told Rob I had been looking at the registry, he was like 'Jess you need to stop doing that.' And I was like 'well I had to, I was buying something off of it.' He then told me I was insane. Hey, at least I bought him a new pillow too!

I didn't realize how ridiculous it sounded until I heard myself say it out loud. We were at Rob's Aunt Susan and Uncle Simon's place for Easter dinner and they surprised us with some early shower gifts, as she probably won't be able to make it to my shower in Michigan. After opening them she said I would need to update the registry by removing the things she bought us, and Rob told her that wouldn't be a problem as I know all about the registry. I said 'he's just saying that because I bought some things off of it the other day.' Aunt Susan also told me that was insane haha.

This might be an embarrassing thing to admit to on a public blog, but what the heck. I bet more brides are guilty of this than you think. And to be fair, if I am going to write about Rob and all of the amusing things he does, I should expose myself now and then as well ;)

3 comments:

  1. Where can I find your registry? I tried looking up Jessica Eddy on Bed Bath and Beyond and no luck. When I typed in Rob Porter a lot came up but none of those Robs were marrying you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha nope, not marrying those Robs..we aren't registered there. We registered at Macy's, Target and Crate and Barrel.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally knew more about my registry than I should have. And when we picked out the house (6 weeks pre wedding) we added more things! You know, exciting items like garden hoses.

    ReplyDelete