Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Back to school

I knew there was a reason why I didn't incorporate 'Boston' into my new blog name/web address. Don't jump to conclusions yet, as of right now we are still one happy Bostonian couple living in Brighton. But as Rob put it, we are a heck of a lot closer to moving South today than we were yesterday! And when I say South, I don't mean Southern MA or Southern New England, I mean Atlanta, Georgia.

Rob started the process of applying to business schools last month, and he's just about done submitting all of his essays and letters of recommendation. As far as he knew, he still had another recommendation to send to Georgia State University when he gets an email on his phone saying Congrats on your acceptance to Georgia State! I think we both felt a number of things after hearing that. First and foremost we were excited...Rob excited/shocked, me excited/proud. Then came all the questions and the what if's- What if we really end up moving to Atlanta? Can you imagine moving across the country and starting grad school all within 2 weeks of our wedding/honeymoon? Then the financial aspects, logistics of it all, what would I do for work, etc.

It was a very happy day for us- Rob getting his first acceptance letter (email) from a business school, knowing that all of the time and effort he put in to the application process paid off, and that he will indeed be going back to school this Fall. However, we're still far from making any sort of decision. As exciting as the idea of moving to a different city, beginning a new chapter as a married couple, and living closer to our families sounds- we can't possibly make that decision until Rob hears back from the other schools he applied to. The other schools are in Boston, and paying in-state tuition and Rob possibly being able to keep his current job while taking classes might be the best option for us right now. Good thing I have wedding planning to keep me busy, otherwise I'm sure my time would be spent making pro/con lists for the potential schools Rob applied to!

1 comment:

  1. as much as I don't want you to move away, that is VERY exciting for rob!! :) grad school acceptances are awesome.

    ReplyDelete