Thursday, April 15, 2010

Bridal shower goodness

Ask guys what goes on at a bridal shower and most will have no clue. Not that there is a real reason for them to know what bridal showers are all about, but I still found this pretty amusing this past weekend at my own bridal shower. While everyone was setting up and getting ready for guests to arrive, an older family friend looked at the prize table and asked if the things on it were the decorations. His wife just looked at him and with a straight face said 'yeah.' I think he believed her. One of my bridesmaids told me she had to explain to her boy friend the difference between a bridal shower and the bridal party, after he asked her if she was "in the bridal shower." It may have confused him more when she told him that the shower is actually a party, and the bridal party is no party at all- just people in the wedding. And my Dad, well all he knew was that once all the women started to arrive he was going to hightail it out of there.

For all the females reading this, let me just tell you I had a wonderful shower this past weekend! Originally, I wasn't sure if I would have a shower because of how spread out many friends and relatives seem to be. But my sisters, bridesmaids, Mom and long time family friend Wendy planned a very special day for me with a bridal shower luncheon at Wendy's home in State College, PA. Rob's Mom flew in all the way from Georgia, I got to hug one of my bridesmaids for the 1st time since I actually got engaged, and it had been quite a while since I last saw my old neighbors from McElhattan.

There were games, pretty flower centerpieces, delicious food, plenty of toilet paper, fabulous gifts and the start to a beautiful ribbon bouquet. I'll share some of my photos from the shower, though I was too busy to take many myself. And the fun isn't over yet- next month I am fortunate enough to have another bridal shower in Rob's home town in Michigan!


Me and the Moms


Centerpieces by Mom



With Lindsey, one of my bridesmaids


Mom and Wendy


Sisters


The whole Eddy family

1 comment:

  1. I love the photo of the Eddy family! The blossoming tree is really the icing on the cake.

    ReplyDelete