Sunday, June 22, 2014

Eddy's in ATL, Surprise shower & Father's Day weekend

Last weekend the whole Eddy family was back together again!  It was a fun, activity filled couple of days here in Atlanta.  My parents came on Thursday, and we went out to the usual Thai place for dinner that we like to go to when they are in town.  Last time I ate there was back in December with them, a day or so after I told them I was pregnant.  I will say my meal tasted much better now than it did back in the midst of my battle with morning sickness.

Friday Lisa and Michelle arrived, and we went to Stone Mountain that evening for the nightly free-with-parking laser show.  It was my first time to the laser show and their first time to Stone Mountain (Atlanta attraction/park with camping, hiking, events, and the main attraction being a carving of 3 confederate soldiers/generals in the side of the stone mountain).  Considering it was basically free and we had a nice picnic dinner to enjoy on the lawn pre-show, all in all we had a good time.



On Saturday my mom and sisters surprised me with a baby shower luncheon.  Pretty table, cute decorations, delicious food and so much love for me+baby P- it was such a thoughtful, nice surprise.  Mom even got me a new dress to wear so I wouldn't have to worry about that!  Just a day or two before that I received a big babies-r-us delivery from none other than my wonderful Deltas :)   They surprised me with the pack and play we had been wanting/needing and a big box of fun bath time supplies, toys, towels and the cutest baby bathrobe.  Thank you to everyone who has shown us so much love last weekend- and throughout this whole 8+ month journey!





Some of the baby gifts made Rob pretty excited...



The baby already has signed Red Wings gear- thank you aunt Maureen!  Baby also got some U of Michigan onesies, which I'm sure Rob will dress him/her in whenever he gets the chance, but come football season I will be getting baby some PSU gear as well to balance things out!

Saturday evening we went to the Braves game vs the Angels.  Great seats, nice evening game so it wasn't too hot.  It was a really exciting game when the Braves tied it up in the 9th inning, but unfortunately the game went past midnight into the 13th inning and the Braves ended up losing.  


Sunday we celebrated Father's Day with a trip to the Sweetwater Brewing Co. for a tasting and tour.  Dads got a free souvenir pint glass, they gave you plenty of free beer, and everyone had a fun time.  Looking forward to going back once I can sample the beer as well!  We followed up our Sweetwater visit with a delicious early dinner at Murphy's in Virginia Highlands and Dairy Queen for dessert- Dad's favorite!  It was a great weekend having everyone together.  Next time this happens there will be a little one joining us :)



No comments:

Post a Comment