Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Move over Trader Joe's

We have a new favorite weekend dinner in the lineup since we've moved to Atlanta. Have you ever been to Fresh Market? I like to think of it as my much larger, upscale, chain store version of the Dennis Public Market on the Cape, with much, much better produce. Their deli is outstanding, bulk snack/sweets section always tempting, and the prepared foods section is a favorite. I haven't tried anything from their bakery yet, besides onion rolls and sesame seed buns, but I'm sure their desserts and pastries will be the bomb once I do try them.

The steaks and kabobs can get a little pricey, so for our casual weekend dinners we go with the prepared burger patties and pasta salad/veggie side dishes. I've mentioned Rob's love of mushrooms before, so it is no surprise that he always gets the portabella gouda burger. I have tried the bleu cheese burger (my fav) and the bacon cheddar burger. My favorite sides are the dilly cucumber salad, which I plan on figuring out how to make myself, and the cranberry coleslaw (I don't even normally like coleslaw). We aren't allowed to have a grill on our balcony, which I'm sure would increase the deliciousness of the burgers, but our Cruisinart griddler cooks them up real fast and within 10 minutes dinner is served.

No comments:

Post a Comment