Monday, April 11, 2011

I love that dirty water

We're counting down the days until this weekend, because this weekend we'll be in Boston! It will be our first time back since the big move South, and the first time in the past 7 years that we don't have a home to go back to once we arrive at Logan airport. It will definitely be strange and bittersweet flying to Boston and not home to Boston, but also exciting. We started to take one of our favorite cities for granted after living there for so many yeas, and now we'll get to see and experience it from a new fresh point of view.

I've started a list of my favorite things that I would love to do while in Boston. Many of the items on my list involve food/beverages, but can you blame me?

1. Go to Sunset Cantina and have a coconut lime margarita
2. Eat in the North End
3. Get a cannoli at Mike's
4. Visit with my ladies from Osborne Path
5. Walk through the Common and down Newbury St.
6. See my favorite Boston friends
7. Have a beer at Boston Beer Works
8. Go to Marsh Chapel
9. Tapas at Tasca
10. Battle it out on the T on Marathon Monday and hopefully get a free ride out of it

Number 10 on my list brings us to the real reason we are going to Boston in the first place this weekend- Rob's running the Boston Marathon for the second year in a row! On race day I hope that the weather cooperates, Rob is feeling good and has a great run, and that his Dad and I can spot him twice (at mile 16 and 26) throughout the race. Go Rob! I'll be cheering for ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment