Thursday, March 31, 2011

March wrap-up

Things are good here at the Porter residence, though March seems to have flown by and I realize I haven't posted much this past month. April is looking like it's going to be a pretty fun, busy month though, so I'm sure I'll do better with my blogging next month!

A few weeks ago, Rob ran the Georgia half marathon. The race went through downtown Atlanta and ended in Piedmont Park. He did great! Roxanne and I got up early to go down to the park and see him run by at mile 10. It was Roxanne's first race day experience. She was unsure at first, with all the police on motorcycles and bikers with the wheelchair racers. But once Rob ran by and called out her name, she was all excited and became much more interested in the runners going by. Next big race for Rob is the Boston Marathon on April 18th!





Roxanne is doing well- very happy and healthy. She continues to make us believe that she is the funniest pup around, and she gets more treats than she needs just because she is cute. She has been on a path of destruction lately though. First there was the kitchen floor, then the living room rug, and this week she has pulled quit a bit of stuffing out of some of her toys. Now I understand why they make stuffing-free toys. Luckily, one of her favorite toys is stuffing-free. I will be buying more of these from Big Lots the next time I go! Here she is with it-



This past weekend Rob and I had a nice Southern dinner with college friend/sorority sister Cheryl from Texas. She was in town for work, so though it was a short visit, it was great to see her again. We tried Mary Mac's Tea Room, which I first heard about from a cookbook I got for my birthday. I had fried okra, mint juleps, fried chicken, mac and cheese, and squash souffle. Not quite a healthy dinner, but a yummy one!

1 comment:

  1. What did she do to the floor/rug?? Also how is balcony birdseed situation? Can't wait to see you in a couple weeks! :)

    ReplyDelete