Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Over-the-top excitement

The Porter household is in for a big change. If everything goes as planned, Rob and I will be proud puppy parents this Sunday! If there is one thing I go crazy over, it is dogs. They are all cute in their own way, even the ones that Rob says aren't. Rob has heard the 'aww I want a dog' line from me more times than we can count over the past few years, but there was never the right opportunity or time to get one, until now.

If you've been keeping up with my blog, then you know all about Christopher the terrier mix we visited at the SPCA not long ago. He was a cutie, and his name still comes up on a daily basis, but I can now say that I don't think we were meant to be Christopher's parents. For whatever reason, maybe the daunting task of training him or his fuzzy history or excessively energetic personality, we just felt too much hesitation when it came to actually adopting him. Part of me, and Rob, wanted to, but part of us just couldn't commit. However, I am thankful for meeting Christopher when I did, because he really sparked my interest in getting serious about searching for the right 1st dog for us.

Rob and I have always wanted a goldendoodle (cross between a golden retriever and a poodle). We both love golden retrievers, but with Rob's allergies and how much they shed, it would never work out. Goldendoodles are the next and even better option for us, because they don't shed very much and they have a little curl to their coats which makes them simply adorable. The down side to doodles? The price. Many of the breeders I came across charge over $1,000 for a pup, some over $2,000.

While searching for goldendoodles online Sunday night, I just happen to come across a site that said their goldendoodle had a liter of 12 puppies on August 15th, and they would be ready for their 'forever homes' on 10/10/10...this coming Sunday! Not to mention the price was by far the lowest I had seen. After looking at all of the cute puppy pictures and videos, and finding out there were still 6 females available, we jumped at the opportunity and sent in our deposit check which will hold this adorable little girl for us :)

7 comments:

  1. omg she is precious!!! Enjoy her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahhh i can't wait until thanksgiving to play with her!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love her! What will her name be?

    ReplyDelete
  4. omg she's so cute!! i'm going to go out again looking this weekend at shelters, i'll let you know if I find anything

    ReplyDelete
  5. aw thanks everyone :) i can't wait to pick her up. we talked names last night...names are so hard though! i think boy names are easier than girl names. once we're totally sure what it will be i'll let ya know.

    ReplyDelete
  6. yahhhhh! she's a cutie... so excited for you guys <3

    ReplyDelete