Monday, October 11, 2010

Meet Roxanne



She is my precious little rascal and I love her :)

She did such a great job on the 3 hour car ride home yesterday, mostly sleeping in my lap. She was so calm and relaxed, but I think she was just saving her shenanigans for at home.

She likes trying to chew the rug in the living room, she parades around the apartment with her puppy pee pads like they are toys, she loves biting my hair, and rolling around and laying in the ferns where she is supposed to be doing her business.

But she is a sweetie, and no matter what she does you just want to give her a big hug and kiss. After 1 day she is about 50/50 with the house training...it could be worse. And when she does the right thing I'm just so proud of her - I didn't know I could be this proud of peeing and pooping outside. With some encouragement she now does the stairs without much hesitation, and she got over her fear of curbs. She met 2 dogs in our complex so far, both much bigger than her, and she handled it very well. She loves all of her toys and carries on, going from one toy to the next, being very cute. And when she sticks our her little tongue and wags her fluffy tail it's the best.

I will try to keep all of these good things in mind tonight when she wakes me up every hour, on the hour, to go to the bathroom 60% of the times we go outside. Oh Roxanne, your Dad is lucky he is a very sound sleeper...and you are lucky I am not.

No comments:

Post a Comment