Thursday, April 11, 2013

My new job

Today was the first day at my new job and it went pretty well!  I'm now working as a front desk/assistant at a chiropractor's office.  It is a growing practice with two doctors, everyone is super friendly and welcoming, the office is less than 15 minutes from my house, and they are very active in the community sponsoring many local races and events (they specialize in sports injuries/ART).  It was difficult to leave my job as a caregiver, just like it was hard to leave my job working with the ladies at the group home.  When you work that closely with people you develop great bonds with them and it becomes personal, much different than leaving a 'typical' job, but I am really looking forward to this new opportunity and know it was the best career choice for me.  Cheers to a good first day, and here's to hoping tomorrow goes even better!

No comments:

Post a Comment