Sunday, April 22, 2012

March/April Recap

I know it has been a very long time since I last blogged, so let me catch you up...

March was a pretty busy month for us. We flew to Boston for Chris and Jane's wedding over St. Patrick's Day weekend. We got in Friday and spent the evening with Rae, James and Jo out in Framingham, and all of us drove out to Salem, MA the next morning for the wedding. Jane was a beautiful bride, it was so much fun to see all of my Delta girls (and their men) again and it was quite the party with the wedding starting at 2pm, followed by reception, wine bar and then dancing at a club. It was also the last Delta wedding I have on my calendar, which means we will have to plan some other trip/reunion because I really got used to seeing everyone a few times a year for the past few years!

At the end of March we went to San Francisco for my college friend/roommate Jessica and Nick's wedding. It was such a fun trip, just the two of us, exploring a fun city on our own. We stayed at the Westin on Market St. which was a great hotel because of how close it was to everything. We rode the cable cars, went to Fisherman's Wharf and shared clam chowder, toured AT&T Park, got lunch at the Ferry Building, went to Coit Tower, did some shopping and enjoyed some nice meals out. Saturday we switched hotels to be closer to the wedding which was in Berkeley. It was a beautiful ceremony- everything from the bride to the vows they wrote themselves. It was the first Jewish wedding we had been to, and Rob really got into the traditional dances at the reception! Everyone had a great time and it was really nice to see Jess again since we don't get to see each other very much living on opposite coasts.

I spent one of my days off visiting Michelle at Clemson last month. It's a little less than 2 hours away, so a nice day trip. We went out to lunch and did some shopping, and I realized we hadn't seen each other since the week before Christmas. So it was great spending time with her, and Rob and I are actually planning on going up next weekend for an afternoon too.


We spent Easter at Rob's mom's house. John's daughter Sarah, her husband Keith and their two kids were in town visiting from Michigan, so it was nice seeing them again. The kids did an Easter egg hunt on Saturday and then on Sunday Ann made a delicious Easter dinner and a bunny cake for dessert.

This weekend we didn't do too much. Rob has his last week of classes this week so he has a final project and test to study for, and I am trying to get over a bad cold/cough so I've been drinking a lot of tea, taking vitamin c and cold medicine. We did take Roxanne to the dog park yesterday where there were quite a few kids running around, and luckily she did not bark at any of them! Last night we tried a new Greek cafe- Taziki's- for dinner. It is a chain, but this is the first one in Georgia, and lucky for us it is in walking distance of our apartment so we were able to enjoy the nice weather and walk to dinner. It was good food at a good price so I'm sure we'll go back.

The most exciting news I have to share is that just 3 weeks from today we will be in Spain (we=me, Rob, Mom, Dad, Lisa & Michelle)! This is the trip my Dad surprised my Mom with for their 30th anniversary and invited us on. We couldn't be more grateful or excited to be going on this trip, especially because it will be me and Rob's first time in Europe. We all fly out of Atlanta to Madrid where we will stay at a hotel for 3 days, and then we take a train to Barcelona where we will stay at an apartment we are renting for 4 days before we go on a 7 day cruise! Our cruise leaves out of Barcelona and goes to Naples where we are doing a "Flavors of Sorrento & Pompeii" excursion, Rome where Rob and I are going to see the Vatican and the Colosseum, Florence where we will go to the Cinque Terre, and then Cannes and Provence France. Though we will be spending the majority of our time off of the ship, the ship itself is pretty exciting too. It is the Norwegian Epic and it will be the newest and largest cruise ship I have ever been on, with a Blue Man Group and Cirque shows onboard. Today Rob and I went shopping for a new camera to bring on the trip, and tonight hopefully I'll get to look through the tour guide books Rob bought for Madrid and Barcelona.

1 comment:

  1. We're in the middle of planning details for our Europe trip too! The Vatican and Colosseum are also on our Rome list. Florence is a little more up in the air though I think we'll include a wine tasting adventure :)

    ReplyDelete