Thursday, August 18, 2011

Hometown wedding weeekends

Rob and I are still trying to recover from all of the traveling and excitement over the past two weekends. We had back to back wedding weekends in each of our hometowns- Grosse Pointe, MI and Lock Haven, PA- which made for fun times with friends and family.

First, we went to Grosse Pointe for Hayes and Caroline's wedding weekend. Rob has been best friends with Hayes since they met in high school. We stayed with Rob's Dad and Kimberly at their home, along with Tom and Linnea. It's always nice to go back to Grosse Pointe, and I realized I hadn't been there since my bridal shower in May of last year. Friday we spent time with the groom and got some yummy bbq for lunch at Slows in Detroit. Since Rob was the best man in the wedding, we attended the rehearsal and the lovely rehearsal dinner that was held outside at Hayes's aunt's house. Following the dinner we all went out downtown Detroit for drinks.

The wedding was beautiful, from the old church full of stained glass windows to the reception venue on the water. Though it started raining just as guests started arriving to the church, it stopped by the time the ceremony was over. Rob gave a really nice best man speech, Hayes was rockin it to Miley Cyrus and Katy Perry, and a fun time was had by all.



This past weekend we flew to central PA for Megan and Robbie's wedding. Megan and I have been friends since we met in the 2nd grade at Woolrich Elementary school. It was great being back in Lock Haven since I honestly do not remember the last time I was there. Plus, it was nice to be able to show Rob around the town I grew up in. It was only his second time there, and the first time was back in 2006 for a PSU football weekend, so most of our time was spent in State College. Rob got to have lunch at OIP after hearing me talk about their glorious subs for all these years, I showed him where I went to high school and we went in the new football stadium that I had never even seen before, he experienced the Texas restaurant, drinks at Uncle Al's for the second time, we saw my family's old house in McElhattan and visited with old neighbors, and he even got some running in on the dike along the river.

We had the best time at the wedding with my family and friends. The ceremony was held in my family's old church, Great Island Presbyterian, and the reception at the new alumni center on Lock Haven University's campus. Megan was a stunning bride, everyone had a blast on the dance floor, and the PSU bus that took everyone to the after-party at a local bar was a great idea. Rob and I couldn't be happier for both of the newlywed couples!


No comments:

Post a Comment