Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Banana Republic to the rescue on Benanna's wedding day

Now and then Rob will say or do things that I just have to laugh or shake my head at and say "Rooob." Sometimes right after Rob will say, "Do not put that on the blog" or "Let me guess, you are going to blog about this." Most of the time those incidents do not make it onto the blog, but this past Saturday afternoon in Banana Republic when Rob said, "Well this is definitely going to end up on the blog," he was totally right.

We were in Charleston this past weekend for our friends Ben and Anna's wedding. We stayed at my Mom and Dad's house with Lisa, and decided Saturday morning that we'd go downtown to walk around and have lunch and head back to the house later on to get ready for the wedding which was at 5pm. As I was about to wash my face in the bathroom Rob knocks on the door and tells me he accidentally brought the wrong garment bag with him. The one he meant to bring that had his suit, shirt, tie, etc. in it was back in our closet in Atlanta, and the one he did bring had his tux from our wedding in it! I just looked at him and, "You've got to be kidding me right now, well I don't know what to tell you," and I shut the door. I was thinking I guess he's going to have to wear the tux, maybe he can pull off a tux. Then I went to the bedroom and was reminded of how formal looking the tux really is and thought no, no way can he wear that. Of course some friends, after hearing about our dilemma, were pulling for him to wear the tux, but neither Rob or I could seriously let that happen no matter how funny/memorable it might have been.

So we rushed to get downtown to King Street, where all of the good shopping in Charleston is, and hit up Banana Republic, Jos A Bank, J Crew, and some other expensive custom suit stores which were not what we were looking for. I'm sure I was making the situation even more stressful, which is why Rob told me that Lisa and I could go shop and get lunch without him and let him go suit shopping on his own, but I insisted we go shopping with him. Luckily, Banana Republic was having a 40% off sale that day. Rob found a couple of suits that would work, tried them on, and Lisa and I both voted for the lighter suit which he ended up getting. Lisa and I knew we were going suit shopping, but we didn't know that meant we were also shopping for a dress shirt, tie, belt, socks and brown dress shoes! It was quite the shopping trip.

In the end it all worked out. We had time to have a great bbq lunch before heading back home to get ready, Rob looked handsome in his new suit, and we had a fabulous time at Ben and Anna's wedding with all of our BU/Delta friends.

2 comments:

  1. When Ross heard this story he was fairly disappointed that Rob didn't get a seer-sucker suit. And I have to say, I think he could pull it off if he wanted. Y'all are Southerners now after all! :) But Rob did look very nice in his new suit, seer-sucker or not.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great story
    Anna's mom

    ReplyDelete